A press that is hand operated is known as Arbor Press. Smaller jobs are performed using the arbor press like configuring and removing bearings, riveting, staking, installing, and other works. They are rated on the basis of the maximum load that can be applied. At the end of the ram, insertions, punches, or other tools/dies can be added depending on the task. The arbor presses are highly versatile.
On a wall, pedestal, or workbench, these presses can be mounted. Using the cast metal, the base is constructed. A ram can be round or square which usually provides the force. The mechanical advantage is improved by the ram which is driven by a setup of rack and pinion. Using Hydraulic Arbor Press or manual input, the forces are generated.
Single leverage, compound leverage, and ratchet leverage are the three different kinds of arbor press that are widely used.
Table of Contents
Arbor Press Uses:
Simple leverage arbors are efficient and simple to use as they have a grand total of 4 moving parts.
Ratchet Leverage Arbor Press is the most popular type of leverages that are used. It is easy to put pressure in this arbor press as the handle is always in the optimum position which is possible due to the ratcheting function.
Compound Arbor Press requires minimum effort to apply greater pressure. They have a tonnage of 6-15 tons which is because of the cast iron.
The arbor presses are common with 1-5 tons of leverage. To the wheel or lever arm, a force is applied which helps in achieving the leverage.
Some of the Best Arbor Press that one can buy in 2019 are mentioned below.
|Slotted Table Plate||Dake||9-3/8 x 9 x 4-1/4 inches (H x W x L)
|Arbor Press||Palmgren||16 x 8 x 15 inches
|Arbor Press AP-1||JET||12.5 x 11.9 x 7.4 inches
|Ratchet Type Arbor Press||HHIP||60.96 x 35.56 x 35.56 inches||Check Price|
|T26414 Arbor Press||Grizzly||18.5 x 19 x 12.5 inches
1: Dake Arbor Press 00 Model Single Leverage with Base Opening and Slotted Table Plate
- Force of 1 Ton Arbor Press is applied to facilitate the removal, installation, and pressing of items as it has a slotted table plate and base opening.
- Maximum leverage or comfortable grip is attained by the proper positioning of the handle.
- The ram is adjusted sideways using the set screw.
- The ram is adjusted forward and backward using thick shims of 0.008”-0.015” which is included in the ram cap. The wear is also compensated for using this.
- The bench mounting is enabled using the two 0.39” Dia. holes that are located on the base.
- Depending upon the application requirements, the plate in the Dake Arbor Press can be rotated or removed to one of the 5 openings of the diameters which can be varying.
- Fine control over the ram movement with the lever can be enabled using the action gears which are quite smooth.
- Solid objects are supported through the slotted table plate and open base. They also provide an outlet for the passing of the shafts and arbors.
- Load capacity – 1-ton arbor press
- Leverage ratio – 25:1
- Ram size – 1-inch sq.
- Max. working height – 5 inches
- Max. diameter work – 7 inches
- Dimensions – 9-3/8 x 9 x 4-1/4 inches
- Weight – 25lbs.
- The assembling of the press is possible.
- Comparatively expensive.
- It does not include the mounting hardware
2: Palmgren Arbor Press (2 Ton Arbor Press)
- Full pressure withstands along with death stop and clamps being secured to the ram.
- The tool successfully delivers the heavy force that is usually needed for pressuring applications, squeezing, punching, riveting and bending.
- With the help of a magnetic insert, at the end of the ram, punches or tools can be added.
- The ram has one end solid and has a hole at the other end along with a magnet that holds the tools and bits which makes it reversible.
- The depth of the ram stroke is limited accurately by the adjustments of the adjusting screw which is finely lockable.
- Part Number – AP20
- Dimensions – 19 x 12.5 x 19 inches
- Model number – AP20
- Item weight – 52 pounds
- Greater versatility
- More control flexibility
- The quality is comparatively uneconomical.
- Product 3: JET AP-1 1 Ton Arbor Press
3: JET Arbor Press AP-1 (1 Ton Arbor Press)
- Accurate operations are obtained using the cut steel rams and opinions.
- Accurate support is achieved using the tables and flat slotted table-plates.
- It can be used for all assembly and production applications.
- The iron casting of heavy ductile is used for the making of the JET Arbor Press which offers strong rigidity to the framework and also incredible strength.
- The diameter of work – 8 inches
- Dimensions – 14.7 x 13.5 x 8.2 inches
- Part number – 333610
- Power source – corded-electric
- Ram size – 1 x 9-1/8 inches
- Weight – 27 pounds
- Works faster and efficiently.
- High tolerance
- The quality is comparatively uneconomical
- Not a very strong product.
4: HHIP 8600-3301 2 Ton Ratchet Type Arbor Press
- The lever can be used in the most convenient position due to the presence of a ratchet device in HHIP Arbor Press.
- The casting frame is of heavy-duty.
- The anvil has 4-positions.
- The ram can work quickly due to the advancement of the handwheel.
- Dimensions – 61 x 35.6 x 35.6 inches
- Model number – 8600-3301
- Weight – 95 pounds
- Material – cast iron
- Smooth working.
- Flexible moving.
- Cannot handle items that are larger.
- Comparatively poor design.
5: Grizzly T26414 Arbor Press, 2 Ton
- The casting frame in Grizzly Arbor Press is of heavy-duty which can be used for any pressing need.
- The magnetic tool holder is present at the end of the reversible ram which is used for securing punch tips (3 in number).
- The additional working height can be attained by removing the rotating anvil.
- The tool includes hex wrenches, three punch tips, and bench mounting holes.
- For leverage control to be attained differently the adjustment of the straight handle is done.
- Part Number – T26414
- Dimensions – 18.5 x 19 x 12.5 inches
- Capacity – 2 tons
- Working height – 8 inches
- Model number – T26414
- Weight – 71 lbs.
- Works smoothly.
- It can be used for any shop-press.
- Comparatively expensive.