Best Miter Saw Reviews: So today we will discuss the four best miter saw reviews we could find to satisfy your needs. best miter saw for furniture making, best miter saw for fine woodworking, best miter saw for home projects, best compound miter saw reviews for home use, best miter saw for beginners. Whatever is your need we are here to find what suits you the most.
Table of Contents
1: DEWALT DWS780 (Dewalt Miter Saw)
The DEWALT DWS780 Miter Saw 12-inch double bevel sliding compound miter saw reviews expertly walks the line between the rugged durability and fine precision that professionals need on the job site.
From delicate woodworking to heavy-duty framing and deck building, the Dewalt Sliding Miter Saw DWS780 provides the accuracy, capacity, and portability that cabinetmakers, trim carpenters, framers, installers, and contractors need.
- Dewalt Miter Saw has Innovative gearbox and belt-drive design increases vertical cutting capacity
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment-free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16-dimensional lumber at 90-degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity, ensures accuracy
- Super efficient miter saw dust collection system captures over 75-percent of dust generated
- This product does not come with a stand. 90° Cross-Cut Capacity (Max Width)-14 inch (16 inch w/ special setup). 45° Miter Cut Capacity (Max Width)- 4×8.
When using the depth stop the blade doesn’t cut all the way to the fence, so have to use spacers in there.
It is a smaller 10-inch miter saw just like this 12-inch miter saw, but this comes with the XPS light, a higher tooth blade and it can cut longer lengths, that’s worth the extra $100 and it came with a free stand.
2: Hitachi C10FCG (Hitachi Miter Saw)
The Hitachi C10FCG 10 inch Miter Saw is lightweight for easier transport. Hitachi Miter Saw’s 15 Amp motor generates a no-load speed of up to 5,000 RPM for making crosscuts and miter cuts with ease.
Hitachi miter saw offers a bevel range of 0-45 degrees to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts. Hitachi compound miter saw reviews are designed for woodworkers who demand precision, reliability, and versatility on the job.
- 0-52 degree miter angle range to the right & left for increased flexibility, Motor Horsepower – 2.57 hp.
- 0-45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts. Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments.
- 2 lbs to facilitate maneuverability and easier transport. Dust collector attachment included minimizing airborne particles.
- 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs. Large table for better material support with a vice clamping system to secure a workpiece.
- Miter ranges – left 52, right 52.
- The laser is very dim.
- Miter Saw Dust collection isn’t up to the mark.
- Comes with a crappy rip cut blade, again common with cheaper saws. Get something north of 40tpi for decent cuts.
3: Delta Miter Saw S26-262L
Delta Shopmaster Miter Saw with a battery-operated laser that makes aligning the blade to the workpiece more convenient and precise. Delta Miter Saw features a Spindle Lock that holds the blade in place during changes.
Delta shipmaster miter saw features a powerful 15 amp motor that cuts through wood like butter and spins the 10 in. The blade at 5500 RPM. It has denoted stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees.
The battery-powered laser ensures an accurate cut every time. Delta Miter Saw is UL listed and comes with a 3-year warranty. The saw can make Left bevel cuts from 0 to 47 degrees. It works virtually with all Miter saw stands.
- The lightweight unit is easy to move from room to room or even from job to job.
- Works with virtually all miter saw stands.
- Spindle lock holds spindle securely while bade nut is loosened and removed.
- Capacity – cuts Nominal 4×4 and 2×6 at 90° and 2×6 with one pass.
- Bevels left – from 0°- 47°, cuts Nominal 2×6 at full level.
- The included blade looks very cheap.
- The control arm for the turntable is known to break.
4: DEWALT DWS715 Miter Saw (Dewalt Miter Saw)
The DW715 12 in. The single-bevel best compound Miter saw is powered by a 15 amp motor to drive 4, 000 RPM, delivering Extended power and durability.
Features stainless steel Miter detent plate and cam Miter Lock that provides repeatable accuracy and durability with easy adjustments. Tall sliding fences of Dewalt Compound Miter Saw support 5-1/2 in. Of base molding vertically and 5-1/2 in. Of crown molding vertically nested. Lightweight design and built-in carry handle for portability.
- Stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- Tall sliding fence supports 5-1/2 in. Base vertically
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Bevels 0° – 48° to the left and 0°- 3° to the right
- 2 in. X 8 in. Dimensional lumber crosscut capacity at 90° and 2 in. X 6 in. Dimensional lumber at 45°
- The dust port isn’t the best provided
- Have it on a craftsman stand and the bolts don’t align that great with the saw holes
- The folding lock is a small aluminum knob. would be more convenient to have a bigger knob.
Miter saw is a great tool and easy too learn for mostly all basic home projects. You can easily get to the action by learning its use online. Miter saw is a saw as the name suggests, is specifically used for making angled cuts crosscuts and miter cuts for more peculiar decorative designs like crown moldings, window casings, picture frames. It is done by pulling a mounted circular saw blade down onto the piece that has been placed on a flat surface below.
Why You Should Buy Best Miter Saw?
For woodworking, the saw is one of the basic most tools used and Miter saw does something even better. Miter saw get a win majorly in the following three cuts which is a rather more complicated procedure for the other kinds of saws and miter saw just makes it easy breezy.
Regular crosscut: For cutting a board in half the miter saw is the best and obvious choice for most. It is stable, powerful, and easy to maneuver. As it is stationary and relatively heavy the work done is in a proper straight line and it won’t budge.
Angled cut: Typically, also called as the miter cut. As the name suggests the expertise can be handled by the one and only miter saw. For this cut, you have to turn the saw from one side to another. There are numerous situations where you will need to slide your saw around and cut something at an angle.
Bevel and compound angle cuts: This one is a complicated one. It even has a compound in its name. But worry not it will be fine. A bevel plus compound angle cut is made by moving the saw to the left or the right like in the previous section, and then angling the path of the saw cut.
We have seen various kinds of uses of a miter saw. It’s a jack of all trades after all. A miter saw is great for a variety of uses, making regular board cuts, angled, miter cuts, Compound angle cuts, General DIY work such as flooring, remodeling, trim work, etc. it is one necessary tool for your home projects.
While there are ways to make all of these cuts with other tools, miter tool’s versatility over the various kinds of cuts allows us to do all kinds of stuff with such ease we can’t help but recommend it the most.