1: AEMC 6240 Micro-Ohmmeter
The Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6240 is a low resistance analyzer that can be utilized for both plant repairs and field use. Utilizing a four-lead Kelvin technique for testing, the Model 6240 Micro-Ohmmeter measures low opposition inside 0.25%.
- The product is 10.70 x 9.76 x 7.18 inches in size and weighs 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
- The resistance measurement range is 5.0µΩ – 400Ω
- The current measurement range is 10mA – 10A
- The battery type of this product is a rechargeable NIMH battery pack of 6V, 8.5Ah
- It has an accuracy of ±0.25%
- It can operate in a temperature range of -10° to +55°C and storage temperature without battery is -40° to +70°C
- It has a battery life of 850 Tests At 10A
- It has a 4 wire Kelvin measurement
- Has automatic storage of test results
- Programmed decimal point and focusing
- Huge terminals acknowledge banana fittings and spade drags
- Has no alarm feature
The AEMC 6240 has many positive reviews. For its price, it works very well, being able to measure resistance as low as 5µΩ to a 0.25% accuracy. It doesn’t have too many complaints from the customers but certainly lacks many other additional features which are discussed in the feature comparison section.
2: AEMC 6250 Micro Ohmmeter
The AEMC 6250 has been upgraded to model number 6255 and is called AEMC 6255 micro ohmmeter. The Model 6255 is remarkably intended to lead tests on both resistive and inductive material, with administrator determination legitimately from the front board.
Three test modes are accessible; resistive (momentary test), inductive (continuous test), and auto (repetitive test). Up to 1500 estimations can be put away and printed legitimately to a printer from a PC.
- The product is 10.70 x 9.76 x 7.18 inches in size and weighs 8.1 lbs (3.69 kg)
- The resistance measurement range is 1.0µΩ to 2500Ω
- The current measurement range is 1mA – 10A
- The battery type of this product is a rechargeable NIMH battery pack 6V, 8.5Ah
- It has an accuracy of ± 0.05% – ± 0.15%
- It can operate in a temperature range of -10° to +55°C and storage temperature range is -40° to +60°C
- It has a battery life of 5000 Tests At 10A
- It has a rugged double insulated waterproof case
- Has programmed numerous test mode (different tests without pressing the test catch)
- It has a Large multi-line electroluminescent display
- Is very expensive
AEMC 6250, now 6255, has multiple features which are not included even in the latest AEMC micro ohmmeter 6292. The DataView Software included enables you to arrange the instrument, store information, and print reports.
The 6255 is almost twice as expensive than the 6240 but has multiple additional features, but if you don’t mind spending a little more for more ease of usage of the device, then the AEMC 6255 is your choice. There are multiple positive reviews of 6255 and almost no complaints.
- Both the models have 4 wire kelvin measurement system
- The temperature compensation system in 6240 is manual using DataView while in 6255 it is done automatically
- AEMC 6255 has a 3 wire platinum RTD Temperature Measurement while 6240 has no such feature
- 6255 has selectable materials- copper, aluminum or any custom metal
- 6255 is equipped with two alarms with Hi/Lo trigger
- AEMC 6255 has a much longer battery life with the same battery of 6V as compared to AEMC 6240
- AEMC 6255 can store up to 1500 test results as compared to 99 test results of AEMC 6240